Monday, August 18, 2008

Good Price: For Sale or Rent in the Bubble

This is another in our continuing series of houses that have been for sale but now, unsold, are for rent (scroll down for other recent posts).

2200 Brandywine Drive in the pretty Greenbriar Neighborhood is convenient, by car, to everywhere (and gas is down to $3.54 right now, though this probably won't last).

When it was actively for sale, it had a "reasonable" Asking of $319,000.00. AND owner financing was available. Perhaps it needs a bit of updating, since it had long-term owners? But $319K as original asking doesn't make one roll one's eyes in disbelief.

It's 4 Beds, 2 baths, up on the hill of a corner lot, with nice shading.

And it's well-priced, IOHO, at $1,300.00/month as a rental.

See the Craigslist ad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been inside. But I know exactly where the house is, due to location near the trail. it's a really nice house.

Montpellier said...

I spent part of my 'yout' in this neighborhood, and that is a charming house. While the listing was current, I considered making an offer. The location, so near the trail, is ideal, and the schools are good. I haven't done a walk-through either, but given the price and location, I wonder if there isn't something amiss with the structure.

Real C'ville - The Bubble Blog said...

We rechecked CAAR. It's still listed (relisted?)

MLS #451733

We think the sellers are just being realistic. They're also being quite realistic about the rental price for that neighborhood....

andrew123 said...

I haven't done a walk-through either, but given the price and location, I wonder if there isn't something amiss with the structure.
======================================
Andrew William

Homes for sale and homes for rent in Albany, GA