Green line = Detached, Single Family Homes
Blue line = Attached "Townhomes"
Click for larger image in new window.
- The "attached" category has more number variations. Townhomes are now more "affordable" than single family homes and many more townhouses are available than pre-2006. (Think "Pavillions at Pantops," etc.)
- May closings would have had contracts signed in March and April.
- Contracts in May collapsed after an April surge to qualify for the 4/30 Tax Cred deadline.
- June will have a bump up, due to Tax Cred closing deadline of June 30.
- May 2010 is a one-month snapshot, not an indication of a rise in sales going forward.
- June may have more closed sales than in 2009 due to closings rushing to beat today's Tax Credit deadline, but based on contracts, it will look like May when compared to historic data.
Putting it into historic context is via C'ville Bubble.
Charts and Graphs 2003 - 2009