- October Existing Home Sales: Prices decline -4.7% y/y to median of $162.5K. Contract failure is at 33%. Distressed sales are 28% the market.
- Though due to decades of propaganda, some people don't really believe NAR.
- NAR is going to revise home sales downward by -15-20%.
- First-Time Homebuyers Declined 19% in 2011.
Occupy Wall Street - #OWS
- The matter of the Lee Park occupation in Cville will be discussed at tonight's City Council Meeting. Show up. Or tell City Council that #OWS is a worldwide movement and it will be shameful if the Home of Thomas Jefferson takes down a free-speech, peaceful protest. Should the decision be made on the basis of curfew? Or City Council's failure to take a stand and let unelected Parks and Rec employees enforce rules? This is a decision about an unusual circumstance that calls for action, not bureaucracy.
- Vile display of the militarized police force at the UCDavis occupation, pepper-spraying seated, non-violent student protesters.
- Poet and Berkeley Prof Robert Hass describes being beaten at OccupyBerkeley.
- "Whose Space? Our Space"- The Berkeley Occupy is ingenious: they returned to occupy the air.
Super Committe Failure and Euro Zone Crisis Peaking Just As the US is About to Give Thanks....
The US stock market is currently dropping. The Super Committee has failed to do their job. And the sovereign insolvency of Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain can no longer be backstopped by Germany and the European Central Bank. It's the last few moments. It's a charade that's coming to an end and will drag the US down with it, as we dragged the rest of the world down in 2008.